Thursday, December 22, 2011

E-Z Mayo Cookies

I got this recipe from a friend of mine on Gather, Alta B.and decided to give it a try for Christmas.



Preheat oven 350 degrees

Ingredients

1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Blend well with a spoon.

Add
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Your dough will get stiff as you add the flour, this is where you need to use your hands to mix.



Roll in ping pong size balls and place on greased cookie sheet.



Dip a glass in water, then in sugar.  Then smash the cookie with the sugar coated glass.




Bake for 8 minutes till golden brown. Take out and let cool on rack.

I really loved the taste of these cookies, and they was really soft.  I know some may think they sound like something you wouldn't like but trust me they are good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this recipe, Renee.. So easy and if it's anything like mums' mayo cake... delicious also.. Thanks. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of using mayo in cookies but I bet it makes them very soft and moist. I think I may have to give these a try. Thanks for the recipe....Sandra H. from Gather

    ReplyDelete